Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Green Chicken


This is one of Steve favorite Indonesian dish. Since I could not get all the ingredients, so I opted out many of them. I admit that I was out of control putting the hot peppers, so Steve was on fire, and he had to wash it out with two breads afterward. That hot til he couldn't talk, he said his mouth was numb. The funny thing was I ate it just fine and ate lots of the green stuffs, no problem. Is it me the queen of hot peppers or him getting whimpy? I don't knooooow.....
Ingredients:
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 5 jalapenos
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 inches ginger
- 2 lime juices
- 2 glass of water
- salt+pepper
Chop garlic, ginger and jalapenos with a food processor. Chop cilantro and green onion by knife. Heat a pan with 3 tb. olive oil, saute the first ingredient for 5 minutes. Add chickens and chopped greens and stir. Add 2 glass of water and salt+peppers. When it boils, turn the heat down, cover the pan and cook for about 45 minutes. Add lime juices at the end.

No comments: