My grandmother always brought me this when she came over our house in Jakarta. I missed my grandma so much and I missed when she left all of us to be with the Lord last year. I couldn't go home because I was ill. I really wanted to eat this so I tried to get the recipe online and found it. So simple and so easy to make.
- 1 lb peanuts with the skins still attach
- 1 block palm sugar (about 200 gr)
- 2 inches ginger
- Toast the peanuts in the skillet
- Grate the ginger and squeeze to get the liquid
- Cut palm sugar into chunk
- Put palm sugar and ginger in a pot, cook in low heat until sugar melt for about 10 minutes until you get the consistency of caramel sugar.
- Turn off the stove, add all the peanuts into the melted sugar.
- Righ away scoop one tablespoon on a greased aluminium foil or parchment paper quickly.
- Let it cool and ready to eat.