Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Chicken Porridge



Ingredients:
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 L water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 carton chicken broth

Toppings:
- Shredded fried chickens
- Sliced chakwe bread
- Fried onions
- Sliced spring onions
- Padi oat crackers / Emping
- Sambal kemiri

I cooked this porridge with a slow cooker. I put all the porridge ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning before I left to work. When I got home in the evening, voila! I had chicken porridge done by itself without me stiring it.
So I after that I just need to fry the chicken, fry the emping and cut up the rest ingredients for the toppings.
I made kemiri sambal too which is red chillies, kemiri and garlic.
I serve it with one raw egg yolk in the bottom of my bowl, pour right away the hot porridge, put all toppings on top, and serve with soy sauce and sambal.
Phew! I finally had eaten what I've been craving all day yesterday since we had cold days lately.




1 comment:

Dwiana P said...

Wita, itu sambelnya duh ilah... mantap banget. kok gk ada resep sambel nya.